What I learned today:
First visit –
- You learned about the two kinds of fire – helpful fire and harmful fire.
- An example of a helpful fire would be a fire in your fireplace on a cold winter day.
- An example of a harmful fire would be a fire in a bedroom of an apartment building.
- We learned that sometimes we can have a fire on our clothes, hair or body. This is surely a harmful fire.
- The best way to put out a fire on ourselves is to STOP, DROP and ROLL.
- While we roll we cover our face to protect our mouth, nose and eye.
- We then practiced STOP DROP and ROLL. Want to try?
Second Visit –
- We reviewed what we learned last visit.
- We then talked about tools and toys. Tools help us do a job. Toys help us play.
- We then talked about how some tools are for everyone, such as a comb and that other tools, like an electric saw are only for grown-ups.
- We talked about a very important GROWN UP ONLY tool – matches and lighters.
- We learned that if we find matches or a lighter we LEAVE IT THERE and TELL A GROWN UP!