Fire Lieutenant Position
Application Period Closed as of April 24, 2020
The Municipality of Mt. Lebanon has accepted applications for the position of fire lieutenant. Applications received as of April 24, 2020 are being processed and a candidate list is being assembled.
This is a lateral entry supervisory position requiring substantial fire service knowledge, skills and background. Job responsibilities include supervision of volunteer staff, fire apparatus operation, fire suppression, fire prevention, public education, rescue operations, and hazardous material and emergency medical response.
In order to be eligible to participate in the selection process, the applicant must be a non-user of tobacco products and must meet the following requirements.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have completed at least thirty (30) credit hours of post secondary education, in any discipline at an accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess Pro-Board or IFSAC Firefighter II Certification.
- Ability to obtain PA. Department of Health or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and Class B Commercial Drivers License within one year of hire.
A resume and proof of meeting the above requirements must be submitted along with the application. Starting salary $70,174 with excellent benefits.
Copies of the job requirements, job description, job application and testing procedure can be downloaded below or can be received by writing to the Mt. Lebanon Fire Department, 555 Washington Rd., Mt. Lebanon, PA 15228.